Friday, August 21, 2009

Gratitude Challenge - Day 3 on Day... 7?

Despite the fact that I'm way way way behind on Project Gratitude posts, I'm making an effort to stay afloat! For Day 3, I'm supposed to write a blog post about something I feel grateful for in my life today.

Well, that's easy. It is Friday and I'm grateful for weekends.

I love weekends. It sounds dumb because they happen regularly (duh) but no one weekend is ever the same and I'm in a position where I can do whatever I like with that time. In a way it is totally selfish because I don't have a family I have to take care of on the weekends, but I am taking advantage of that for now. I love waking up with no agenda and having the ability to see friends or not, read or not, run or not, shop or not.

Back in the day I had one of those jobs in New York where I worked 6 if not 7 days a week. Weekends were just the time where I got to wear jeans to work instead of wool pants and collared shirts, though the rest of the drill - ordering dinner from Seamless Web, standing by fax machines late into the night - wasn't any different.

This week has been strangely stressful for me so I'm counting down the minutes until I can zip home and do whatever I want for an uninterrupted 2 days, even if that means doing work or errands. Either way it is on my own time and for that freedom, I'm grateful.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!? no wonder ur no longer there.. oh wait, u still work 6 out of 7 days a week dont u!?! ;p

    i agree, weekends is def. something that happens every week, duh, but gets overlooked.. and is def. something we should be grateful for!!! ;p

    so sad our weekend is over! ;(

    ReplyDelete